Subject: Re: Is this list still alive???
From: [email-masked] (HANG-FIRE)
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 1994 16:22:35 +0100

Date sent: 30-AUG-1994 

>On Fri, 26 Aug 1994, Ott M. Aaloe wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>> 
>> Does anybody still reading this list...
>> Something seems to be wrong coz I get 3-4 days old messages
>> and ...well it's good if 1-2 messages per day arrives :(
>> (2-3 weeks ago everything was quite normal - atleast 10 or more
>> msg per day was sure thing)
>> Is somethign wrong with the listserver or the # of subscribers
>> is very low??? Comments?
>> 
>>                 O.T.T. ([email-masked])

I think you'll find that most people are either on holiday or at home for the
summer.  I suspect that most people on the list are students, in which case
they'll most probably be away from university until October.
  
>Hey I know the feeling. Because I've been wondering the same thing! what's
>going on folks ? Did everyone go on vacation at the same time ? let's get
>some discussions going. I need some advice on the best way to simulate the
>spinning wheels of slot machine and would like to use AGA screens for 
>highest resolution and colors I've tried blitting some shapes but it's too
>slow. I am new to blitz and I'm doing this as a learning experience. So
>any help will recieve my undying gratititude ,admiration and utter respect.
>(was that a little thick ? or what ?)

I'll have a think about this one.  One quick idea:

	How about having the very tall bitmap and having the whole wheel drawn on
this.  You could then just scroll over from this bitmap to your bitmap the area
you're interested in viewing.

Steve Mc.

+---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Stephen McNamara  Reflective Images|  My map editor's NOT a bit buggy !   |
|====================================+======================================|
| A1200/170HD/6MB/Blitz2             | Current project : BlitzBombers AGA   |
|                                    | [##############################::::] |
|      >>> HANG-FIRE <<<             | Current Project : RI Libs v???       |
|                                    | [###########################:::::::] |
|  Help me:ANIM8 file format please! | Current Project : RI Map Editor v1.2 |
|  [email-masked]     | [#################################:] |
\____________________________________|______________________________________/